Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 5 - Day 3

Beep! Beep! Beep!... no that’s not the sound of my alarm clock early this morning but the sound of the construction machinery outside my window, but it did serve to be multipurpose as it was just the right time to get up and start the busy day! The day started early at 6:45 for morning recreation; today my group had an introduction to Tai Chi with Dr. Lye. It was sunny and great weather the whole time! We’ve been warned however that even though we’ve brought this sunshine with us, the famous Newfoundland rain is sure to come.

Soon it was off to a quick breakfast before heading to our morning lectures. After hearing a little about customer needs and then machine vision, we headed into our afternoon with different seminars. My seminar was about my social style and I got to learn all about how I interact with others. It was really useful and a great presentation complete with interactive games and all! We then rushed off to the Field House to use the variety of services available for afternoon rec.

Next came a typical Shad moment - a competition. Which house could make the best kite? This question was proposed to Shad house teams today. Of course the competition was fierce yet the challenge was a blast! Kites based upon aesthetics, design and functionality all had their unique team twist. In between all the craziness we were able to learn all about the 47 other awesome Shads at our campus! I cannot believe it is only our third day here and I’ve already met and learned about so many of the amazing Shads! This MUNth is sure to be amazing!

Jacquie Gulevich, Shad Valley Memorial University of Newfoundland 2011
Hometown: Fort St. John, BC