Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4 - Day 2

When I first arrived at Laval, I was not sure exactly what to expect. Butterflies were running wild in my stomach as I anticipated what was sure to be an amazing experience. After two days of the program, I feel like we have been here for weeks! Everyone has gotten so close and it really is a great, happy family.

In the morning, we had a secret sharing session where we all anonymously read out others' insecurities and doubts. This truly united us together as a whole community. We were able to let go and start the program on a completely new page!

Today was a really exciting day!! We got assigned to committees where we will be planning a particular Shad event. I am organizing a multicultural dinner full of music, dance, and entertainment! In the evening, we each shared an item that best represents us as individuals. This really helped us get to know each other and better relate.

Shad is greatly living up to my expectations! There is never a dull moment! And best of all, you are always surrounded by friends!

That is all for now,
Ioana Dobre, Shad Valley Laval 2011
Hometown: St. John's, NL