Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27 - Day 25

As Shad winds down to an end, all of us here at Shad UNB are realizing how our lives have been changed by this program. The people here are so candid and so sincere; these are the people I will identify with for the rest of my life. Perhaps this is the reason why it’ll be so hard to leave. I’m feeling flutters every time I think about having to say goodbye. Tomorrow will be our Open Day. It’ll be bittersweet, a great wrap-up for the program, but also a curtain call for us Shads here at UNB.

We spent the beginning of the day preparing for Open Day and the Variety Show that everyone is so pumped (but also nervous) about. From choreographing dance routines to playing piano to singing songs, all of these outgoing Shads want to be in as many performances as possible (we’re filling more than 3 hours of programming).

We had a great time touring the new Currie Centre here at UNB, a new 65 million dollar sports facility. It was really eye-opening to see all that this great university has to offer. UNB has exceeded my expectations many times over; I’m now thinking that this is the perfect place for me.

We spent the rest of the day running the dress rehearsal for our Open Day. There were some great performances, and I’m so proud of all my family members here at Shad UNB. It’s getting harder and harder to even look at these faces, because some of the most unique, genuine people I have ever met are going to be gone. I’m personally so glad that everybody’s making the last day so memorable. I’m hoping that the last night will be as awesome as the rest of the month!

Ching Ye – Shad Valley UNB '11
Hometown: Mississauga, ON