Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24 - Day 22

Describing today’s activities at Shad as hectic is quite the understatement, which is ironic considering the day was dedicated solely towards finalizing our CT projects! My group woke up bright and early to finish last-minute additions to our finance and marketing plans, with a deadline of 11am. We scrambled across campus to print and bind the plans, but ended up passing the deadline by about 20 minutes due to errors on our part. Embarrassing? Yes. Did we learn from the experience? Absolutely.

We decided not to linger on that issue for too long as we had to prepare for a dress rehearsal of our presentation. We wrote and memorized our lines for most of the afternoon, suited up, and headed down to an auditorium to present to our Program Directors and Assistants. I was shaky and nervous at times, but our presentation went very well for the most part and we definitely received some helpful feedback that will improve our presentation tomorrow in front of all the Shads. In fact, my group is working behind me right now, smoothing out the final details! I'm exceptionally proud of what we have accomplished together so far.

It’s crunch time, and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store. As we approach the final days of the program, however, it’s becoming more and more apparent that this community we’ve built over the past 22 days will soon part. But we’ll approach that hurdle when we get there.

PS. just wanted to include a quick shout-out to my family back at home, especially to my nephew Aiden who was born just 3 days ago! I’m having the time of my life here at UNB but I can’t wait to meet him!

David Yang, Shad Valley University of New Brunswick 2011
Hometown: Markham, ON