Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16 - Day 14

WOW! Shad has honestly been the most amazing experience of my life, and according to Barry Bisson, the best is yet to come! Today has been yet another amazing day at Shad, made even better by the amazing birthday wishes everyone gave me today, as well as cake, candy and an incredible penguin card!

This was my first birthday away from my family, yet I still felt at home since, at the risk of sounding incredibly cliché, all the Shads here have become a part of my family! However, it wasn’t just the fact that today was my birthday that made today special. We also had the honour of spending the greater part of our day learning how to start our businesses for our CT projects, and the steps required to right our business plans.

This was taught by none other than Barry Bisson, Shad Valley International President, and Mark Vandenbosch, Chair of the Shad Valley Board of Directors. It was a true privilege to learn from them, and all the Shads left feeling a little bit more enlightened and ready to tackle our business plans for our projects. This evening we spent some time working on our CT projects and applying our new found knowledge.

We also spent an hour working on our Rube Goldberg projects; taxing our creativity to come up with wild and wacky inventions! Finally, to cap off a wonderful day, we had a poetry and reading night, which showcased some truly incredible talent! Well, there you have it, a day in the life of a Shad at UNB! Now I must go and get some sleep, so that I can be ready to enjoy another superb day tomorrow!

Arctica Cunningham, Shad University of New Brunswick
Hometown: Telkwa, BC